Birth Registration Online
According to the Births and Deaths Registration Act of 2004 of Bangladesh Birth Registration Online, the birth of any Bangladesh national has to be registered with a designated birth registrar (Bangladesh Missions abroad if born outside Bangladesh) within 45 (forty-five) days of the birth of the child. Registration of birth is free of charge if done within 45 days of birth, after which a fee has to be paid.
For all applicants, a birth registration application has to be completed ONLINE. Please click on the link http://bdris.gov.bd/br/application to apply for BDRIS application form. If the above link does not work please COPY AND PASTE the link into your browser. Once the online registration is completed, please print a copy of the application and enclose the following documents:
For Adult Bangladesh Nationals:
- Duly filled in cover page (please download from the link download here) with mobile number and email address;
- One passport size photograph of the applicant;
- Certified copy of Bangladesh passport;
- Certified copy of birth certificate;
- Payment receipt;
For a child of Bangladeshi nationals born overseas:
- Parents’ digital Birth Certificate (for children born after 2001);
- One passport size photograph of the child;
- Child’s overseas birth certificate (original) OR, A photocopy of overseas birth certificate attested by a JP/GP/Police/Pharmacists;
- Original Bangladesh passport (valid or expired) of either of the parents along with a photocopy; OR, A photocopy of the information page of the passport attested by a JP/GP/Police/Pharmacists;
- Mobile number and email address of either of the parents.